Care instructions for biopsy
- The biopsy site will be bandaged before you leave. Keep this bandage in place and dry (do not soak in the shower) for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, clean the area gently with soap and water. Do not scrub.
- After cleansing, apply a thick coat of Vaseline of Aquaphor and a bandage
- Clean, apply Vaseline/Aquaphor and rebandage the site daily until it is fully healed. This may take 1-2 weeks. You do not need to use Neosporin.
- It is normal for a thin yellow film to form on the wound. Please call us if you experience spreading redness, increasing pain, warmth, or drainage of the wound.